Monday, April 19, 2010

Kate Gosselin’s Kids Want Her on Dancing with the Stars

As tough as it’s been for Kate Gosselin to please the Dancing with the Stars judges, she says there are no downsides to joining the show.


“There were no cons,” she told Ryan Seacrest Monday during an interview on his 102.7 KIIS FM radio show. “I figured they’ll whip my body into shape when I needed it. The pros were — I still don’t know how to dance, but I was hoping I would learn how to dance.”

Despite consistently low scores from the panel, Gosselin has managed to escape elimination. The same cannot be said, however, about the occasional clash with her partner, Tony Dovolani.

“That’s the law across the board with all dancers,” she told Seacrest of her and Dovolani’s spats. “I asked for somebody who would push me really, really hard because I need that. I have a lot of distraction in my life … We can’t just dance we have to dance with all the drama.”

Though she says she’d trade places with her babysitter “in a micro-millisecond” to be home with her kids rather than learning to tango, Gosselin faces the same dilemma as other single moms. “You have to be at work because you have to provide for your kids,” she says, “but really my heart is at home with them.”

Luckily, her eight children support her decision to do Dancing. “This is the first and only thing I have ever done that my kids care about,” Gosselin said. “It pushes me on to do better, to stay on the show, to get voted through because, honestly, they count down the days until Monday.”

And Gosselin is sharing the experience with another working mom on the show — her competitor, Pamela Anderson. “We sit in the hair and makeup chair next to each other and talk about our kids. She’s awesome,” she says. “I have gotten to know the Pam that is just a mom that drops her kids off at school. She’s given me advice about what it’s like to be a single mom.”

See Kate dance tonight when DWTS airs (8 p.m. EST) on ABC. –Catherine Donaldson-Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment