Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mary's In-Depth Kate Gosselin Interview!

From her struggles and triumphs on "Dancing with the Stars" to her bitter custody battle with Jon Gosselin for her eight children, nothing is off-limits as Kate Gosselin talks to our own Mary Hart -- and co-hosts tonight's show!

First off, does Kate actually feel that she could lose custody of her children?

"I'm a mom. I belong with my kids, and I feel like there's a peaceful resolution," Kate tells Mary. "As quiet as I can keep it, that's my goal for the kids."

You know, I don't think of worst-case scenarios in any situation," she continues, adding with a laugh, "Um, okay, maybe in 'Dancing' I do -- I could be voted off at any time -- but you know what, keep positive, and my heart is with my kids."

The reality mom and best-selling author has a new book in stores now, I Just Want You to Know: Letters To My Kids on Love, Faith, and Family, chronicling the three years her family lived in their Elizabethtown, PA home and the daily challenges faced raising a family of eight growing children.

"Because of everything we've gone through in the last few years, I wanted my kids to know," she explains. "I just wanted them to know, which is where the title came from, how much I love them, how much they mean to me, and why do moms wait 'til they're diagnosed with cancer or something like that to write letters to their kids? Why can't we all do it now?"

Asked if she has any regrets with her relationship with Jon, she replies, "I think anybody who ends up in a divorce has regrets. I regret that we couldn't work it out for the sake of the kids, but it has caused me to refocus on how very much I love my kids."

As for that admitted "hard exterior" she exhibits at times, Kate explains, "Being a mom of eight kids who has gone through a lot of tough times, sometimes that is maybe a coping mechanism for me, and sometimes it's because I have to be that old-time strict mom. … But my kids see through to the heart of me, and really on the inside I'm just a mushy gooshy ball of love towards them."

Watch ET for more with Kate Gosselin!

No comments:

Post a Comment